JULY 14, 2017 - DWDMARKETING
New Set: Omens of the Past
- A new set hits Eternal with over 250 new cards and new mechanics!
- Draft format has changed to alternate between Omens of the Past and The Empty Throne packs.
- The new set is now available for purchase from the store and can be crafted via Shiftstone.
- Theme decks for Omens of the Past are now available for purchase in the store. Theme Decks[www.direwolfdigital.com]
- Forge Wolf, Cloudsnake Hatchling and the five Banners have been moved to Omens of the Past to support the Draft mode.
Gauntlet/Forge Season End
- Progress for all players has been reset in both Gauntlet and Forge with the addition of Omens of the Past.
- New AI opponents have been added, including five new bosses in the Gauntlet.
- Some existing AI decks have been updated to include cards from Omens of the Past.
- Phones now have custom UI and features to make Eternal more user-friendly on mobile devices. This includes:
- Larger card tiles in deckbuilder.
- Deck list can be collapsed while drafting.
- Customized playmat layout with a hand that can expand/collapse.
- Streamlined interactions with many elements of the UI to work better on phones.
- Casual queue is now available!
- Premium cards now have a unique premium frame treatment.
- Premium and non-premium cards now stack in deck lists.
- Navani, Warsinger now has unique VFX indicating that her Warcry hits the entire deck.
- Many cards from The Empty Throne have been updated to adhere to new wording templates.
- A 'First Win of the Day' reward has been added to grant a free pack from Omens of the Past for your first Ranked or Casual win each day.
- The reward cycle in Ranked has been updated.
- Cards from Bronze, Silver and Diamond chests can now include cards from Omens of the Past.
- The client has been updated with a new font.
- General UI updates throughout the client.
- Chat has been streamlined with several quality of life improvements.
- A glossary of all skills, battle skills, and card types has been added to the options menu.
- The Masters rank has been updated to better incentivize skill compared to raw number of games played.
- Some high MMR players were experiencing difficulty climbing in subsequent seasons due to the difference in their MMR and the MMR of their opponents. To alleviate this, the penalty for playing against a lower MMR player has been removed.
Turn Timer Updates
- Turn timers have been updated to reduce the negative impact of players who intentionally abuse their turn timers.
Theme Deck Quests
- The delay between Theme Deck Quests has been reduced to 3 days from 7.
- Controllers should now be able to zoom cards in the rare slot during pack opening.
- Idling out during a Gauntlet or Forge game should now correctly count the game as a loss.
- You should now be able to receive tool-tips for playmat elements after a game ends, before the victory/defeat screen.
- Rarely, the End Turn button would disable and not be clickable. That should no longer happen.
- Weapon hangers should now use the correct hanger layout for weapons.
- Mousing-over your avatar before the resolution of a unit played from Destiny that has a summon ability should no longer cause a blank card hanger to display.
- It should no longer be possible to cause a mouse-over zoom on a unit to rapidly switch sides during the zoom.
- The last played opponent in the social menu should now include opponents from Events.
- Drawing a card with Destiny when it can't be played (ex: Scourge of Frosthome is in play) should now discard the Destiny card and draw a new card.
- Drawing a card with Destiny that has no legal play should now discard the Destiny card and draw a new card.
- Units that have lifesteal and an Entomb ability that deals damage should now grant you health equal to the damage dealt.
- Lifesteal should now correctly resolve if the source was killed in response (example: killing a Black Sky Harbinger in response to its damage should no longer prevent the health gain).
- Dawnwalker should no longer play his summon VFX over the enemy totem as he returns from the void.
- Borderlands Waykeeper should now correctly play a VFX when using her ultimate ability.
- Icebreaker should now correctly shoot its VFX to the unit it is targeting rather than itself.
- Shadowlands Feaster should now correctly steal all units to your void when multiple die simultaneously.
- A Nictotraxian with Echo that creates a card with Echo should now correctly Echo that created card.
- A Nictotraxian with Echo should now correctly present itself to the opponent.
- Crown of Possibilities should now correctly grant a skill to a unit created by a Nictotraxian with Echo.
- Diplomatic Seal should no longer clip through other cards in hand when being played.
1.22.2 Hotfix Notes
Gauntlet / Forge Deck Quality
- After reviewing player feedback and looking at data, we've modified the difficulty of several AI decks in the Gauntlet and Forge.
- You should no longer receive the Survivor quest again after completing it.
- Rarely, the AI could play Warp cards for no cost when playing them from the top of its deck. This should no longer happen.
- Revenge cards which have been copied should now correctly preserve the Revenge state from the card.
- Units with four strength that then gain skills (like Brightmace Paladin and Rebel Sharpshooter) should now properly lose their skills if they are reduced to under four strength.
- Decay should now have VFX during response windows to indicate its target.
- Champion of Order should no longer cause drawn echo units to become copies of him if he is at the influence threshold to create a copy of himself.
- Rolant's Fist should no longer silence enemy Valkyrie that aren't in play.
- Champion of Vengeance should now correctly lose invulnerability if she is transformed.
- Library Phoenix should no longer permanently play its VFX if there are multiple in play.
1.22.3 Hotfix Notes
- Fixed issue where hand auto-expands and auto-collapses when it shouldn't.
- Fixed bug with add last opponent button.
- Fixed bug so you no longer have to click faction twice with Diplomatic Seal.
- Fixed leaderboard rewards display. Was showing the wrong type of pack.
- Fixed bug on playmat where it would say you are almost out of cards, when actually it was your opponent who was almost out.
- Made unit in play ability buttons easier to tap.
- Fixed bug with Makto's Revenge animation.
- Achievements should now show up in the correct location when earned.
- Made Master rank number easier to read.
- Premium units should now correctly show their Revenge icon.
- Fixed visual bug when Firemane Cub is created off of Claw of the First Dragon.
- Fixed bug where having an Infinite Hourglass in play when playing a Sandstorm Titan will cause all your time units to get sandstorm titan's VFX.
- Fixed bug where replay button can sometimes cause match to freeze while a spell is in play if target wasn't specified.
- Fixed bug where text boxes for messages could be clicked through.
- Indestructible cards should now correctly be indicated in the deck builder.
- Forge/Draft: Fixed bug where there was a long delay between picks.
- Checkboxes on claim rewards should nlonger look pixelated.
- Card titles should be easier tread on small screens.
- Mind Link art should nlonger be missing in deck builder tile.
- Fixed deck builder bug where sometimes the Done button doesn't turn green if your deck contains premiums.
- Fixed issue where playing a warp unit from the top of your deck into a full board could cause the card to go into hand.
- Eilyn's Choice will now work against Flame Blast.
1.22.4 Hotfix Notes
- You can now toggle between the mobile and standard interfaces for the playmat on phones.
- Multiple localization updates and fixes.
- Cards presenting on the right of the screen should no longer cover the end turn button on phones.
- Unit abilities should now be easier to use on phones.
- The timer VFX during redraw should now be visible on phones.
- Your Master's rank should now be normal size during the victory/defeat screen.
- Spell VO should be back on spells that had them.
- Unit tokens of premium cards should now have shadows again.